Our mission is to promote active music making approaches in general music teacher education.
1. To provide a
forum for sharing philosophies and practices of active music making,
including, but not limited to, those of Jaques-Dalcroze, Gordon,
Kodály, and Orff.
2. To promote collaboration between music teachers and university methods
teachers toward implementation of active music making.
3. To provide resources that will promote understanding and practice of active music making.
4. To encourage in depth professional development in active music making approaches.
5. To promote awareness among education leaders and policy makers, arts
educators, future teachers, and the general public about active music
6. To encourage, support, and disseminate research regarding active music making.